Brigadeiros are delicious, chocolatey fudge balls rolled in sprinkles (or a topping of your choosing). And they are also simple to make!
You only need four ingredients:
1 – 14 oz Can Of Dulce de Leche*
2 Tablespoons of Butter unsalted
4 Tablespoons of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Grab a pot and add the can of dulce de leche, butter, and cocoa powder, and stir over medium heat.
When it starts to boil, turn down the heat to low and continue to stir. Once it thickens, remove from heat. Be careful, though. You don’t want to over cook and burn the bottom.
Place the mixture into a bowl that has been lined with cooking spray and let it cool. I stuck mine in the fridge for about an hour.
Once cool, take a spoon and scoop out a small portion and roll into balls.
Pour your topping(s) of choice into a bowl and roll the balls so they are covered.
Next step is to enjoy these delicious and popular Brazilian treats!
Recipe found HERE
- 1 – 14 oz Can Of Dulce de Leche*
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter unsalted
- 4 Tablespoons of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Sprinkles coconut flakes or ground nuts to coat the Brigadeiros
- Cooking Spray
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat add the Dulce de Leche, butter and cocoa. Stir with a wooden spoon until all the ingredients are mixed together
- When dulce de leche begins to a boil, lower the heat and stir for 3-4 minutes more or until it becomes thick and creamy being careful not to burn the bottom
- Remove from heat and add the mixture into a bowl previously greased with cooking spray or butter. Let the dulce de leche cool
- When the mixture is cool, roll into balls, about the size of a teaspoon and place on a sheet with parchment paper
- Pour sprinkles into a small bowl
- Dip each ball into the sprinkles and move it around until all the fudge ball is completely coated
- Serve and Enjoy!
*If dulce de leche is not available, you may substitute for Condensed Milk.
Balls can be chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.